Wondering what to expect from a trip to Nicaragua? Every visit is unique, but you can get a sample below or download the complete list of sample itineraries here.
HEALTH INITIATIVES FOR RURAL AND URBAN COMMUNITIES
Duration: 12 days
- Enjoy five days in a rural community in the beautiful mountains of Northern Nicaragua.
- Spend your nights at an Eco-Lodge on a certified organic coffee farm.
- Work alongside community health volunteers to support a rural health clinic.
- Interact with the community by participating in the water filter project, Nica Agua.
- Milk cows, tour the coffee
farm,and take traditional cooking classes.
- Participate in sports-oriented cultural exchange and play with kids.
Travel to Southwest Pacific Nicaragua for a five-day coastal adventure.
- Participate in health and hygiene impact seminars in the community.
- Assist health services and participate in medical campaigns.
- Learn about local natural remedies and visit an aging urban hospital.
- Visit a social enterprise providing income to the disabled.
Tour hundreds of tiny volcanic islands on one of the biggest lakes in the world.
Visit Granada, the oldest colonial city in the Western Hemisphere.
Go on walking tour of a local fishing village.
Recent Blog Posts
Inocencio Altamirano (74) lives in the community of San Esteban with his daughter and wife, Maria. He has a chronic pulmonary illness and six years ago, a stroke left him with pain in his bones which limits motion of his arm and legs. He relies on his family to help...
Currently, 35 members strong, our recurring community of support provides monthly medicine, food, health care, and building materials for the most vulnerable families in rural Nicaragua. Each month, we will raffle off fun (and savory) prizes for these cornerpiece...