Yarisleidy provides updates on the current state of affairs in Nicaragua in the midst of the coronavirus crisis.
- The government has yet to implement strict stay-at-home orders.
- However, Nicaraguan citizens, private businesses and nonprofits are taking actions themselves to follow social distance and health protocols.
- Last week, Comunidad Connect delivered 3 months of medicine while distributing masks and hand sanitizer through our Together For Health and Food For Good program. The Los Robles Health Clinic remains open on a limited basis to chronic patients and prenatal care.
- People in Los Robles are fearful of what they have seen of social media
- Most community residents live day-to-day and will have to continue to work despite the risks.
- There has been an increased awareness of the importance of handwashing within the community.
- In San Juan del Sur and other tourist destinations, there are few foreign visitors.
Please commnet below if you would like a full translation*
Como puedo contactar por correo electronico a la Sra. Yarislaidy Cortez… incluyo mi correo electronico.